The following is an update on an issue which may be of interest to you. Local planning and development can have a big impact on our community. I am therefore notifying you of details of an application which may be of interest to you.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
43, 45, 47, 51 & 53 Montpelier Hill and to the rear of 37, 39, 41 and 55 Montpelier Hill, Dublin 7.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Demolition of all existing structures on the site, including:
o 20th Century building associated with 41 Montpelier Hill
o Boundary walls associated with 55 Montpelier Hill
- The new development shall consist of three separate blocks/buildings.
- Block A is proposed to be between 3 and 4 storeys high.
- Block B is proposed to be between 3 and 5 storeys high.
- Block C is proposed to be between 3 and 4 storeys high.
- 48x student house units, providing 329 bed-spaces which include:
o 3x 4 bed units
o 4x 5 bed units
o 10x 6 bed units
o 11x 7 bed units
o 20x 8 bed units
- Each development block will have roof access but will be restricted for maintenance use only.
- 110x Bicycle parking spaces to be provided across the development.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Planning Reference Number for this application is 3772/16.
This planning application was lodged on September 23rd 2016. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at www.dublincity.ie.
Should you wish to submit an objection, please submit your objection in writing to the Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2, inclusive of the €20 fee before October 27th 2016.
PLANNING INFORMATION MEETING
Councillor Ray McAdam and I are arranging a meeting for residents who may have concerns about the development with officials in the Planning Department of Dublin City Council. The purpose of this meeting is to enable Planning officials detail the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending such a briefing, please let either myself or Councillor McAdam know.
Should there be any other local or national matter where I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or Councillor McAdam and we’ll do whatever we can to help.